Monday, September 14, 2015

Have We Lost Our Minds?

As you have it these days morals, character, and anything that remotely resembles any civility appears to be invisible! I could use this entry to do a lot of name dropping on some so called celebrities, but that would just add on to their fame and ultimately their pockets! I could blame them but that's not the beginning of the problem....its a visible and dysfunctional result.

Let me explain: growing up I was always told to stay out of grown ups conversations, told to stay in a child's place....you know boundaries were established. When those phrases were uttered I immediately retreated back to my lane. Fast forward to today, most would ask what does it mean to be in a child's place? Is this the result of garbage media or the "I want be my child's friend" syndrome? I firmly believe its a combination of both.

As a parent you are called to be the guardian of your child. That means that you guard their eyes, ears, hearts, and intellect until they reach the point of accountability. Accountability comes with age and maturity. It seems a lot of us drop the ball with connecting that concept or really don't understand it at all! As a result a lot of popular train wrecks end up slipping through the cracks and into our homes. The result ends in the guard being let down!

This entry is only to start a dialogue of accountability for parents to remember to be their children's guardian and protect their innocent mindsets! When they grow up with standards being set it will guide them for the rest of their lives! Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old , he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment